Ingredients for Black and White Cookie Recipe
1 cup unsalted butter
1 3/4 cups white sugar
1 cup milk
1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
1/4 teaspoon lemon extract
2 1/2 cups cake flour
2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
4 cups confectioners' sugar
1/3 cup boiling water
1 (1 ounce) square bittersweet
Directions for Black and White Cookie Recipe
- Turn oven on to 350 F Degrees
- In a bowl, mix together the sugar and butter until the mixture is smooth
- Start whisking in the eggs one at a time and mix in vanilla, lemon extract, and milk
- In a seperate bowl, mix together the two flours, baking powder, and salt
- Add the flour mixture into the other bowl
- Take a spoon and create tablesppons of the cookie dough, leaving two inches apart on the baking sheet
- Bake in the over for 20-25 minutes
- Using a large bowl, add the 4 cups of confectioners sugar.
- Pour in the boiling water one tablespoon at a time until you see the mixture both thick, but still spreadable.
- Take half the frosting and place on top of a double boilder set
- Add in the chocolate and continue to stir until it melts
- Brush half the chocolate frosting onto one side of the cookie and the vanilla frosting on the other.
"If your a sienfeld fan, then you will surely love this black and white cookie recipe. Takes a little longer to make, but well worth it.